Sunday, November 23, 2008

Paul & Jesi's Hallowedding Cake

This was the first down-and-dirty, let's-get-serious cake I'd ever done... I was a department manager of the Bakery at Wal-Mart for a while, so I had a fair amount of practice at decorating cakes... But never had I done a wedding cake. Paul and Jesi asked me if I would be willing to do theirs, and I was excited and incredibly nervous at the opportunity. I made several practice cakes, and was actually quite pleased with the end result. Here're some pictures of the process:


This cake is the very first one I'd done at HOME. :-) It was my first practice cake for the wedding...

































Second practice cake...
































Final practice cake before the real deal!!

























And here it is!! Paul and Jesi's Hallowedding cake... Made of red velvet cake, chocolate buttercream icing (dyed black)... Red roses, white baby's breath, and a gorgeous topper that says, "Love Never Dies."
































Another shot of their cake...

































And a shot of the happy couple cutting into their cake :-)

4 comments:

Dessert Queen said...

Hi Annie,

The Hallowedding Cake was awesome, especially the skeleton couple topper.

I love it, cheers from Malaysia!

PinkySweetCakes said...

Hello, I'm new to cake making, curious what you would charge for a three layer cake like this one? I love Halloween and this cake, almost makes me want to get married again, almost!! Thank you and beautiful job.

mims said...

hi annie i love ur cake what size of cake pans did u use? it looks like u have a 9~12~14inch pans do u mind telling me? i would like to make it!

Annie said...

@PinkySweetCakes Eek! So sorry I missed your comment! It's an average sized 3 tier with just buttercream (no fondant) so I'd probably say $250? ...pricing cakes is the least favorite part of my job, honestly. I'm told I constantly under-charge myself. I do the same thing with paintings, though. :)

@mims Thank you!! :) I made the cake YEARS ago, so my recollection of details about it are a little fuzzy.. But I *think* it was a 12", 8", and 6". I think I meant to do 6" 9" and 12", but I did 8" instead-- if you notice, the middle tier isn't quite in-between the other two sizes.

Hope that helps. :)

Annie's Edibles's Fan Box